Our features and benefits are curated to suit the needs of every employee
I am an Employee travelling under my Corporate Travel Insurance policy
I am an Employee of Alliance Insurance Brokers
What is Corporate Travel Insurance ?
Corporate Travel Insurance is a type of insurance which is offered to the corporates for covering their corporate employees which intend to travel overseas/ domestically for official purpose.
Are you a corporate executive who has a business trip coming up in a few months? Well, corporate travel insurance policies are specifically designed to cater to your interests and financial security. One of the best parts about corporate travel insurance plans is that they can be customized according to your organization’s demands and requirements. With corporate or employee travel insurance plans, you can also forego the cumbersome task of purchasing travel insurance for each individual employee and instead opt for group coverage.
Benefits of a Corporate Travel Insurance
1. Customized PlanEvery corporate has his own set of requirements basis the type of business they have. The product is customizable when it comes to corporate travel. Employer can opt for customised plans as per their needs and requirements. This is a major difference in individual and a corporate travel
2. Price EffectiveIf a corporate intends to buy an individual travel plan for all his employees it will end up paying much higher premiums, whereas the premium of a corporate group travel is much cheaper when compared to individual plans
3. Easy to BuyWhile a corporate buys a group cover for its employees, all the employees are covered under one single policy. It is a onetime activity within a year for the corporate to buy one policy for its employees rather than buying individual policies. As and when the employee travels, the corporate will just have to issue a travel certificate which is just a matter of a click of a button
Coverages offered under Corporate Travel Insurance
1. Medical Expenses Get Medical expenses reimbursed/ claimed under your travel policy. Expenses incurred on foreign land are covered under your corporate policy.
2. Baggage Loss/ delay Compensates you if your checked-in luggage is delayed, lost or damaged
3. Loss of passport Your travel insurance policies cover lost and stolen passports, or at least cover the cost of the replacements
4. Trip Delay/ cancellation The flight cancellation coverage provided by the travel insurance plan will arrange for another fight or will compensate for the unused flight tickets
5. Personal Accident Cover Death or permanent total disability due to accident is covered under the plan
6. Hijack Cover In the event you are a victim of a hijack, the maximum amount specified in the policy schedule will be paid
7. Personal Liability The insurance covers any third-party claim arising due to bodily injury or damage to property inadvertently caused by the insured
8. Home Burglary This feature protects your home in India when you are on foreign land. Any loss due to actual or attempted burglary during the travel period will be compensated upto a specified limit.
Eligibility Criteria for Corporate Travel Insurance
There are two fundamental eligibility criteria as far as opting for a corporate travel insurance cover is concerned, which are as follows:
The individual applying for the company travel insurance policy should be at least 18 years of age on the date of application, which in other words indicates that the potential policyholder should be a legal adult
The potential policyholder, when applying for a corporate travel insurance policy, should be a corporate employee salaried and recruited as a member of a registered organization within India
Corporate Travel Insurance Claim Process
The claim process associated with corporate travel insurance policies is similar to most other insurance plans and can be summarised in the following steps:
1.Whenever a travel-based emergency rears its head during your corporate trip, the first step involves informing the intent to claim financial protection to the insurer. This involves either calling Elephant helpline number or calling on the 24x7 helpline of the insurer or sending them an email on their official mail address. One can find the email addresses on the official website of the insurance company. In case you have informed the Insurance company directly, then it is advisable to inform Elephant team for further follow ups
2.Once informed, the insurer will ask for a specific set of documents along with a claim form that the policyholder needs to fill up in order to claim financial protection under the policy. The claim form can be downloaded from the official website of the insurer, even Elephant team will be happy to help you with that
3.The documents that are usually required to complete the corporate travel insurance claim process include:
In case of medical emergencies a statement from the doctor overseeing diagnosis or treatment at the destination, signed and duly filled
Discharge form that has been signed and duly filled by the policyholder
Reports, medical records, consultation documents and other such peripherals involved with hospitalization
The medical bills generated as a result of the treatment or emergency
In case of reimbursement claim, the paid receipts for treatment
A visa copy that has been stamped with the seal of the destination country
In case of lost or damaged baggage, a certified copy of the police report filed against the missing belonging
A copy of the policyholder’s passport
4.Once all necessary documents along with the duly filled claim form are submitted to the insurer, the claim shall be verified with the coverage terms promised under the policy. Once everything checks out, the policyholder should be hearing from the insurer on a positive financial note
Some of the assistance services that you can avail include medical assistance services (refilling medicines, medical repatriation, referrals for physicians, etc), concierge assistance for reservations and scheduling, and global travel assistance for all types of trip-oriented emergencies. Moreover, policyholders can also opt for corporate assistants, personal security assistance, and protection against identity theft, all as a part of the corporate travel insurance policy coverage areas.
Some core necessary add-ons that you should opt for in this case include pre-existing medical conditions coverage, Financial Emergency Assistance, Outpatient Care, Upgradation to Business Class, Emergency Hotel Accommodation / Extension, Loss of tablet/ laptop/ handbags, etc. Without opting for such add-ons, financial coverage for the said scenarios is not granted in usual cases.
Our latest Insurance articles & videos
Published on: 12th Feb 2021
Simple ways to show your Employees you care
Employee and employer relationship needs to be strong for growth of employee and the company. Check out simple ways to show your employee you care.
*All discounts provided by insurers as per IRDAI approved insurance plans.
Standard T&C apply.
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on policy
terms, conditions, exclusions, limitations, please refer/read policy brochure carefully before
Visitors are hereby informed that their information submitted on the website may
be shared with insurers for soliciting insurance policies.The product information for comparison
displayed on this website is of the insurers with whom our company has an agreement.Product
information is authentic and solely based on the information received from the Insurer.
Elephant.in is best viewed through Internet Edge, Mozilla
Firefox® 16.x and +, Safari 5.1 and +, Chrome 23 and +, or an equivalent browser software. If your
browser is older, you may have trouble viewing many of our web site features properly. If you are
unsure of the version of your browser, you can determine it by choosing ‘Help’ at the top of your
browser window and then selecting ‘About’ (your browser).
Hi <First Name>, please confirm your mobile number and we will get back to you shortly.
One of our experts will get back to you within few minutes
In a hurry? Call us on our toll free no. 1800 266 9639
Your Request has been successfully submitted.
Our Sales Team will get in touch with you shortly.